Patient Participation Group - Have your say!
Privacy Notice - How We Use Your Data
The Patient participation group consists of a number of patients who meet regularly and an email group (PRG). The group holds information on patients who have expressed an interest in receiving a newsletter.
What information do we collect from you?
The following information is held in a secure gmail account:
- PPG - email addresses, telephone numbers, home addresses.
- PRG (email group) - email addresses.
- Newsletter group - email addresses or home address.
Access to the account is held by the chair and Vice-Chair of the PPG.
From time to time we carry out ad-hoc paper based surveys where will collect patient email addresses, telephone numbers and home addresses. This information will be held for a period of up to 3 months after the survey has been completed. After this time, patients' information will either be transferred to one of the above groups or destroyed.
Who might we share your information with?
Your contact details may be shared with other members of the PPG and, on occasions, with members of the practice administration team.
Your individual rights!
You have the following rights with regard to your data:
- The right of access to your personal data which the group holds about you.
- The right to be forgotten (erased) - to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the group to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- The right to rectification (correction) - to request that the PPG corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
If you have any concerns about how your data is managed, please contact the PPG Chair at email@example.com